From: Gustavo Guerra (gustavobt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-02 18:32:04

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daryle Walker" <darylew_at_[hidden]>

> on 2/1/02 6:27 PM, Gustavo Guerra at gustavobt_at_[hidden] wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
> > I took a look at the proposal, and there's no macros on the interface.
He just
> > used macros on the implementation to avoid repetition, where he could
have
> > used the Currioulsy Recuring Template pattern. Isn't the interface the
> > important thing here?
>
> How would you have used the Curiously Recurring Template pattern here?

Well, maybe I rushed into conclusions too fast. Sorry. I just assumed that
the CRT was what you tried to use but your compiler didn't let you, as I
took a _very_quick_ look at your code and was the only thing I could remeber
that needed a littel more template support from the compiler to avoid that
kind of repetition you avoided with those macros (remembering
http://www.cuj.com/experts/1906/langer.htm?topic=experts). But looking
closely, maybe it doesn't apply in this case.
If it wasn't the CRT, what else did you experiment to replace the macros
then?

Gustavo Guerra