From: dave_abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-05 13:23:06

--- In boost_at_y..., "pbienst" <Peter.Bienstman_at_r...> wrote:
> --- In boost_at_y..., "rwgk" <rwgk_at_y...> wrote:
> > --- In boost_at_y..., "pbienst" <Peter.Bienstman_at_r...> wrote:
> > > Is this an intel or a boost problem?
> >
> > It is an Intel problem. A while ago Intel sent me a patch
> > which fixes this error. Presumably this will be in the
> > next release of the compiler. By that time we will probably
> > have Boost.Python V2, where the code that causes your
> > errors will no longer be used anyway.
> > Ralf
> > P.S.: For the time being I am using Metrowerks Codewarrior.
>
> Using today's newly released Boost.Python V2 from cvs, I now get
tons of errors
> like:
>
> "extension_class.cpp", line 686: error #803: function
> "boost::python::meta_class<T>::meta_class() [with
> T=boost::python::detail::extension_instance]" explicitly
instantiated more than
> once
> template class BOOST_PYTHON_DECL
meta_class<detail::extension_instance>;
> ^

1. Boost Python V2 is not released yet; there was only a preview
announcement

2. You're still using the old codebase. The new codebase doesn't
include a sourcefile called extension_class.cpp. If you used Jam, you
started the build from the wrong directory to use the new codebase.

3. Since the new codebase isn't released yet, the old code remains in
the boost CVS repository alongside the new code.

-Dave