From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-05 15:44:59

On Tuesday 05 February 2002 21:37, you wrote:

> any useful

> > rogeeff> cycle_size_() in private helper function used to
>
> calculate *positive*
>
> > rogeeff> cycle size. Did I answer yout question?
> >
> > No. My question is, can cycle_size every be negative? Why? What
> > does negative cycle size mean? I prefer negative cycle size is not
> > allowed.
>
> m_bounds.second - m_bounds.first could be negative. But cycle_size_()
> is always returing positive number. What is cycle_size you mentioning?

Is this really true. I think all methods assume second >= first and I think
thats ok. m_bounds should be required to be a valid half_open range.

I hadn't time to check it but I really feel uncomfortable with the advance
code. Gennadiy are you aware of the fact that advance, despite its name,
might be called with negative argument? That one fooled me. I hope to give it
a closer look tomorrow

Thomas