From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-07 09:40:54

John Maddock wrote:

>>I'm sorry, my previous msg was not correct, I've been a bit too hasty.
>>
>>I experienced the problem on an SGI but not with CC but with gcc 2.95.2.
>>

> Does that mean the fix is required or not? Can you predicate it on sgi
> version? I assume later version have conformant iostreams or don't they?
> It would seem perverse if not, given that they have an open source version
> available.

well, the only gcc 2.95.2 I have access to is on this SGI. Using
gcc-2.95.2 there is no <sstream> but there is a <strstream>.

I just read the comments in /boost/config/stdlib/sgi.hpp where the
BOOST_NO_STRINGSTREAM is set and it is indeed documented that it needs
to be set for gcc-2.95.2 and not for gcc-2.95.3 but that there is no way
to detect them. So I guess it's a known problem without a proper solution.