From: vesa_karvonen (vesa_karvonen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-08 15:38:45

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
> Does anyone have an opinion about the lifetime of our release
> candidate branches? My feeling is that < 1 week isn't long enough,
> and that we should give it a bit more time before releasing it.
> Opinions?

I'd say that 1 week is pretty much minimum for such a diverse group
as Boost. If, however, the day comes when all regression tests pass
on all compilers, I wouldn't wait for anyone to break them (things
could only get worse :).

I'd also love to see regression test results, from as many platforms
as possible, with compiler messages, posted somewhere at least daily
while the release candidate branch is active.

The Dashboard seems very promising, but it needs results from many
more compilers to be even more useful. I also can't find preprocessor
tests on the dashboard.

During the last release, for instance, I didn't know that
libs/preprocessor/test/list_test.cpp didn't pass on CodeWarrior. I
can't test on CodeWarrior frequently. The fix was trivial, and I
committed it earlier today, but it isn't in the current release.