From: Ruslan Zasukhin (sunshine_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-08 17:39:07

on 2/8/02 23:50, Howard Hinnant at hinnant_at_[hidden] wrote:

Hi Howard,

> I am gratified that you seem pleased with our library. It is work that
> I am quite proud of.

Howard, do you work on MSL?
Great. Glad to hear you. :-)

> In your future posts to boost it might be better if you did not compare
> boost code to CodeWarrior. This has two problems:
>
> 1. It potentially exposes our copyrighted material to people who have
> not paid to use it.

Accepted.

> 2. You are posting to a very elite audience. The people who invented
> things like auto_ptr are regulars here. Believe me, they have thought
> about things like traits classes in smart pointers. Saying "CodeWarrior
> does XXX better" without sufficient study and backing up is likely to
> offend more than educate.

I do not think that true elite can be offended by idea discussion. :-)

I don't know what they have think about, but using of traits here is really
better IMHO. (otherwise you will not include it into MSL).
Or traits really produce some problems ???

> Your cooperation in this area will be very much appreciated. And thank
> you once again for supporting CodeWarrior.

Howard, I have question on effectiveness of using of find_if() and
predicates. Can I send to you this question off list?

--
Best regards,
Ruslan Zasukhin