From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-09 10:40:17

From: "Jeremy Siek" <jsiek_at_[hidden]>
> The boost/iterator_adaptors.hpp header currently has a local macro for
> this named BOOST_RELOPS_AMBIGUITY_BUG. We could move this into config.
> Also, whoever fixes shared_ptr and weak_ptr may want to look at how the
> workaround was accomplished for iterator_adaptor.

There's a much easier fix, just define

template<typename T> inline bool operator!=(shared_ptr<T> const & a,
shared_ptr<T> const & b)
{
    return a.get() != b.get();
}

or, in your case,

template <class Iterator, class Policies, class Value,
    class Reference, class Pointer,
    class Category, class Distance>
inline bool
operator!=(
    const
iterator_adaptor<Iterator,Policies,Value,Reference,Pointer,Category,Distance
>& x,
    const
iterator_adaptor<Iterator,Policies,Value,Reference,Pointer,Category,Distance
>& y);

Partial ordering takes care of the rest.