From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-10 19:24:25

On Sunday 10 February 2002 07:08 pm, you wrote:
> [...]

I completely agree. Any ideas? The best I've thought of would be to
standardize the build names that describe the compiler/platform, e.g.,
  linux-2.4.17-gcc-3.0.3
  winnt-msvc-6.0
  freebsd-3.4-gcc-2.95.3

and stick the build name into $(PLATFORM).

Then we add an "expected-failure" rule to the regression testing system, so
that the author can do something like:

switch $(PLATFORM)
{
  case freebsd-3,*: expected-failure wregress ;
  case winnt-msvc-*: expected-failure lambda_test ;
}

Doesn't quite scale to multiple build names in a single Jam invocation,
though :(.

        Doug