From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-11 14:49:53

----- Original Message -----
From: "bill_kempf" <williamkempf_at_[hidden]>

> Yes, I'd agree with that. A python script could easily be written to
> automate this, provided the {{...}} replacement sections used well
> known documented names. Other then that, I'm not sure what else we
> can do, but if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them!

It ain't simple, but:

1. Hijack Doxygen's parsing to extract definition elements from headers
2. Use special comments in the HTML to distinguish the auto-generated
sections from the sections to be edited by users
3. When the script is run again, it uses these comments to keep user edits
which are still valid.

How would the Python script you had in mind work?