From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-12 06:06:56

Dear All,

I would like to request comments on a first step towards a
"Differential Arithmetic Library".
You can find the sources and a little documentation at

http://www.schmitteckert.com/boost/diffari/

The main idea of this templated library is to provide the calculation of
a function including the derivative of the function at a given value.
The use is as complicated as using complex<double> :).

Since I'd like to extend this library to include taylor series and
more intersting things I'd like to ask if this might be interesting
for Boost and if it's reasonable to spend some effort on boostifying it
(what ever this means), more specific: is there someone interested in
using it?

Best wishes,
looking forward for your comments,
Peter