From: Darin Adler (darin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-12 13:54:38

On 2/12/02 10:52 AM, "Yitzhak Sapir" <ysapir_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm not sure if this was discussed already and considered too
> error-prone. But if not, and it's not to be considered error-prone, it
> could be very useful for other purposes besides the current shared_count
> of smart pointers.

Sure, an atomic operations library might be useful, and we could perhaps use
it to implement the smart_ptr library. I don't think anyone's working on it,
but it seems like a fine idea.

In the mean time, Peter made just enough to implement the smart_ptr library
with; it's good to have a thread-safe smart pointer.

    -- Darin