From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-12 15:06:53

Salut,

On Tuesday 12 February 2002 21:13, j.adelman_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Sorry, I was unclear. I was suggesting something
> different from what your code does -- a tool for
> differentiating expressions into closed form at
> compile time. Something that would look like:
>
> typedef
> reciprocal<sub<constant<1>,exp<negate<var<0> > >
>
> > > logistic; // 1/(1-exp(-x))
>
> //...
> deriv<logistic,1>(x);

o.k., I understand your point.
Of course I have to admit, that my diff type might be
suboptimal concerning efficiency. Using computer algebra
system or the paper and pencil aproach one could find
more efficient approaches.

> I think that qualifies at messy before I even
> think about implementing it.
I agree. That's not want I'm planing to do.
I want to keep it simple.

Best wishes,
Peter