From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-13 15:18:26

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:

> [...]
Specifying the
> > font-size in points causes an exact pixel count rendering under
IE, so you
> > lose size control as the viewer. This usage of point sizes is
indeed
> quite
> > obnoxious, bordering on evil. :-) Instead the style sheet should
be using
> > percent and/or relative sizes. For example: "font-size: 150%".
>
> Thanks; changing it as shown below fixed it. I also took out the
explicit
> specification of courier font (I use a sans-serif fixed width font
and
> didn't want it to be overridden):

I'm not so sure about using a fixed width font. That's really only
useful for code, which the <code> and <pre> blocks should take care
of. For actual document text fixed width fonts are actually
considered bad practice (usability studies have shown both eye strain
as well as slower reading times).

Why do you want to set a fixed width font for your document?

Bill Kempf