From: Mountfort, Geoff (gmountfort_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-14 16:56:23

-What is your evaluation of the design?
As Beman noted, fine-grained "save this aspect" is needed, but "save all" is
required.

-What is your evaluation of the implementation?
I'm not a great fan of macros. However, I understand that they were used to
permit
implementation on Daryle's platform. In any case, they are implementation.

-What is your evaluation of the documentation?
It is too much "how it was done" and not enough user level "how to use".

-What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
Very useful.

-Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
problems?
I tried it with VC6SP3 (and VC6SP5) on Windows2000 SP2 with boost 1.27.0
The test program failed to compile, due to a non-standard implementation of
std::locale. I sent Daryle a (not quite production quality) patch.

-How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
Reasonable. Read the documentation and the code (though the macros put me
off a bit). Tried the test program. Tried it in my own program.

-Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Like everyone, at the level "I can't believe my little bit of code did that
to your bit".

-Finally, do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
Be sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments don't obscure
your overall opinion.
It should be accepted.

Geoff