From: Geurt Vos (G.Vos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-15 04:16:01

Available for download is property2002-02-15.zip,
which can be found at:

At the time no documentation exists, and only provided
is a simple example, which should give you some idea
whether your compiler supports it.

It should work fine for at least GCC 2.95.3, Borland
C++ 5.5.1 and Intel C++ 5.0. It simply can't be done
for Visual C++ 6.0 & 7.0.

Two issues:
1. I didn't use BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT and I don't
know if I should. I mean, are there any compilers
that support the entire implementation except for
static integral constant members?

2. I don't know if it breaks anything. That is, it
now provides a read<> and write<> template. If these
already exist as free functions (in namespace boost),
they can't be used togehter. Since these are quite
common names, I figure for properties they should
be renamed. Suggestions?

Geurt