From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-17 20:17:44

Has there been any progress in bringing discriminated unions (aka
variants) into Boost?

I know Andrei Alexandrescu's paper describes how to create a variant
type at <http://www.oonumerics.org/tmpw01/alexandrescu.pdf>, but I have
been unable to find an actual source implementation that can be used
unchanged in a application today.

The project I am currently working on would benefit greatly from a
stable, well-tested discriminated union implementation, and so I am very
eager to get my hands on such an implementation. I would also be
willing to assist in bringing the implementation up to Boost standards
so that it could be submitted for formal review.

Thanks,
Eric Friedman
ebf_at_[hidden]