From: timatdvc (timw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-18 13:38:57

--- In boost_at_y..., Mat Marcus <mmarcus_at_A...> wrote:
> * Final thoughts
>
> Much more can be said about designing with refinement layers
regarding
> validation and testing strategies, feature dependency matrixes and
so on.
> The configuration generator implementation is an interesting topic
in and
> of itself. Anyone interested in discussing this further?
>
> - Mat

If your experience was anything like mine, I found GenVoca to be kind
of hard to understand. One of the things I've been looking at is
using a generator as a front end for policy-based design. You can
look at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/message/25406 for a
description.

Generators are going to become more important as people begin
developing highly configurable libraries. I agree that they are an
interesting topic, but from my experience, it can be surprisingly
hard to explain to someone. How can we make these concepts more
tangible to others? Any ideas?

+tim