From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-21 10:01:16

----- Original Message -----
From: "kral123" <kral123_at_[hidden]>

> I think you might be confused about what autoconf really is. There
> are jam's configuration scripts and autotools' produced
> configuration scripts. Both are scripts that need to be interpreted.

I think you might be confused about the aims of Boost.Build. We're primarily
focused on providing a development/testing system for Boost developers.
Think of it as a text-based IDE. We /think/ that these jobs are the hardest
ones, and if we do them right, handling installation/deployment will be
relatively easy. We're hoping to do a good job in that department, too, but
so far it hasn't been a priority. The fact that Boost is gaining users so
rapidly may mean that installation/deployment should be a higher priority
than it has been so far.

-Dave