From: mfdylan (dylan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-21 23:44:47

--- In boost_at_y..., "Mountfort, Geoff" <gmountfort_at_a...> wrote:
> >I'm not convinced this is the way to do it,
> >but the conversions definitely need to happen automatically in a
> >library somewhere
>
> Some may consider that they should not happen automatically -
consider
> std::string.

I meant the char <-> wchar_t (mbs to wcs) conversion actually.
RE type conversion I tend to agree, it's better avoided in most cases.

Which reminds me, the char version of pathname uses mb-sensitive
parsing (which is necessary under windows as certain delimiters,
especially '\' can appear as part of an MBCS character).

Dylan