From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-22 07:56:13

From: "Darin Adler" <darin_at_[hidden]>
> The beginning of the tutorial doesn't say when or why boost::signal2<> is
> better than boost::signal<>. I think you should mention right at the
outset
> that the numeric form is needed if you are providing the additional
template
> parameters which are discussed below. Otherwise, the question, "Why force
> the programmer to count?" comes up.

The same reason as for functionN: link-time compatibility, presumably. The
numberless variant has a 'variable' signature depending on the number of
arguments.

> Perhaps the interface for finding trackable objects inside Boost.Bind
should
> be documented. It's part of the public interface of Boost.Signals, in a
way,
> no?

When Signals is accepted into boost, I'll document visit_each in Bind. It is
essentially:

visit_each(v, bind(f, w1, ..., wN), 0):

visit_each(v, f, 0)
visit_each(v, w1, 0)