From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-22 10:41:22

At 10:30 PM 2/21/2002, mfdylan wrote:

>I'm interested in getting feedback on whether something like the
>following is a workable design:
> ... lots of details
>
>Any thoughts comments suggestions etc. etc. are most welcome.

I've been putting some though into these issues, as I think there is a
serious need for a library. But the end objective isn't to manipulate
pathnames, it is to be able to perform portable script-like file system
operations. Pathnames are one small part of that.

Put it another way, we have been talking about solutions without defining
the problem requirements.

I've been working on a design document that tries to identify the
requirements. I'll try to post a draft soon.

--Beman