From: Gilles J. Seguin (segg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-23 14:25:11

"Timothy M. Shead" wrote:

> I've been using a subset of boost (most of the "headers-only" stuff,
> plus the regex library) under GNU/Linux for some time now, using
> auto-tools scripts that took about an hour to create.

> If the boost.org maintainers are willing,
> I would like to contribute my existing work and
> expand it to cover the entire library.

> This would consist of a "Makefile.am" file in each subdirectory,
> plus top-level "bootstrap" and "configure.in" files.

> Since this doesn't really fall under the
> "submissions" guidelines on the boost.org website, what is the preferred
> method to submit these files?

I will like to have a look at what you have.

The suggested method would be to create a folder at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/>

where The Boost Wikis can be used for this specific
purpose. So that boost does not require an advocacy
email group.

We will need a concise FAQ explaining the reasons and
goals of this additions