From: Carl Daniel (cpdaniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-25 09:12:21

From: "mfdylan" <dylan_at_[hidden]>
> --- In boost_at_y..., Carl Daniel <cpdaniel_at_p...> wrote:
> > Just curious, did you handle subst drives for Win9x? IIRC, it
> requires some serious black magic to get that info on 9x
> > (don't know about WinMe), while it's easy to get on NT/2k/XP. Does
> anyone actually use Win9x? *shudder*
> >
> QueryDosDevice is supposed to work under Win98, dunno about Win95.

After writing that, I went back & checked: QueryDosDevice does work on Win98, but not 95. The format of the string it
returns is different under 98/Me than it is under NT/2k/XP (sorry, I don't have an example of exactly how it's
different, but it is. IIRC, GetDriveType behaves differently under 9x for subst drives as well). When I had to get
subst mapping for Win95, well, I eventually gave up - I could never find a single example that actually worked :(

-cd