From: Dylan Nicholson (dylan_nicholson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-25 20:44:58

 --- David Abrahams <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]> wrote: >
> [...]
It that was the way we wanted to go (and other
libraries do use this approach), we would have to
maintain "release" versions, whereby every time a
source-level incompatibility was introduced into the
library the previous version remains available for
download from boost.org. Hopefully however such
incompatibilities would be rare, although avoiding
cruft build-up is one thing worth aiming for with
something like boost.
I'm not convinced we need to worry about supplying
binary versions, I assume we are talking about user
source distributions anyway (otherwise the library
should already be linked in). Given probably most of
boost is in header files, the binary component would
be minimal anyway.

Dylan

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.