From: Craig Rodrigues (rodrigc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-26 18:44:09

Hi,

gcc 3.1 is going to be released on April 15:
http://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html

Since Boost is tentatively listed as an application
to be used for determining the functionality of the
compiler:
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.1/criteria.html

I thought it might be nice to do some testing of it.

Here is what I tested with gcc version 3.1 20020218 (experimental)
under Linux:
http://home.attbi.com/~rodrigc/boost/cs-linux.html

In the boost/status/compiler.cfg file, I used the following configuration:

linux
gcc-3.1
GCC 3.1
g++ -c -V 3.1 -Wall -W -ftemplate-depth-30 -I%include %source
g++ -o boosttmp.exe -V 3.1 -Wall -W -ftemplate-depth-30 -I%include %source -lrt
GNU<br>GCC<br>3.1

Does anyone there have any automated scripts to make
auto-compiling of boost easier to do? Also, if there
are any errors in the build, does anyone have any
scripts to automate the analysis of errors in the
build?

Thanks.

--
Craig Rodrigues