From: Dan Gohman (gohmandj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-27 10:38:05

Here are a few updates for SGI/IRIX/MIPSpro support.

I've written an implementation of lightweight_mutex for
IRIX/MIPSpro which use IRIX's special atomic operations. The file
can be included when the preprocessor symbol __sgi is defined.

boost/detail/lwm_irix.hpp

I also have some updates to the build file,
tools/builds/mipspro-tools.jam .

I'll attatch files for the following in a separate email (is the
yahoogroups attatchment bug fixed yet?).

As IRIX supports pthreads and they aren't automatically detected
by suffix.hpp, please add the following to
boost/config/compiler/sgi_mipspro.hpp, as is done for gcc.hpp .

//
// Threading support:
// Turn this on unconditionally here, it will get turned off again later
// if no threading API is detected.
//
#define BOOST_HAS_THREADS

Also, in boost/config/platform/irix.hpp, add the following as they
aren't detected by posix_features.hpp .

#define BOOST_HAS_GETTIMEOFDAY
#define BOOST_HAS_PTHREAD_MUTEXATTR_SETTYPE

--
Dan Gohman
gohmandj_at_[hidden]