From: nbecker_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-02-27 14:54:58

I think iterator adaptor documentation can be improved. One subject
that I think is not well covered is the semantics of the different
members.

For example, what is the intended usage of "distance"? What should it
mean? Where is it expected to be used?

One possible interpretation is that the distance between two adapted
iterators is the size of container needed to copy from the adapted
iterators.

This is meant just as an example of where the semantics are unclear to
me. I think that clearly spelling out the intended meaning an usage
could help to make iterators interoperable.