From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-28 16:54:38

> > First of all, I think we should add your alignment_of extension
> > immediately, because it will be extremely useful in the future. My
> > only complaint with the implementation is that the use of partial
> > specialization makes the code unusable on several compilers. In this
> > case, the partial specialization is easy to work around.
>
> You might want to look at boost/python/converter/from_python_data.hpp in the
> current CVS state.

I did something like that at one point, and it was painful to compiler. I
like Brian Parker's version because it is so much simpler than any
typelist-based approach. It'll easily compile and run on most compilers
(with the partial specialization fixes), and doesn't rely on other
libraries.

Whatever it's form, I'd really like to see this capability in
alignment_of.

        Doug