From: Noah Stein (noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-28 20:27:29

My personal feeling is that serializing back a 64-bit integer on a different
platform that does not support a 64-bit integer is really a non-issue. If
the data type is not supported, what does it matter that you can't serialize
it back? If you think you can work around not being able to get data out,
why was it saved in the first place? And if you need a 64-bit integer on a
platform that doesn't have one, implement one, then you can serlialize it
back.

-- Noah