From: Glew, Andy (andy.glew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-29 21:14:20

> An implementation of a thread_pool (aka worker pool, worker
> queue) has been uploaded to :

> Future Directions/Questions:

Slightly off-topic, but it gives me a chance to ask:

Is anyone on this group interested in discussing how
a *hardware* lightweight thread facility might work,
and inter-operate with the OS threads, users threads,
and thread pools created by the several levels of software?

I should say upfront that this is *NOT* a statement of current
Intel technology directions; it's just been a long-standing
interest of mine, and I believe that I have recently made
great steps forward.