From: Bill Seymour (bill-at-the-office_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-01 06:48:15

Jeff wrote:

> I have a porting problem in GDTL with operator>> missing for
> __int64 on MSVC6.SP5. However, another booster has successfully
> compiled this. Anyone know if this is part of an SDK upgrade
> or something else?

I once wrote >> and << operators for Microsoft's __int64.
IIRC, there were some things I didn't get quite right (e.g.,
ios_base::internal); but it works for both char and wchar_t.

Would it be OK to upload the source to the Boost file section?
(It might help library authors who need a 64-bit integer type
and I/O, and want to be portable to MSVC.)

If not, Jeff, send me your e-mail address (my company's e-mail
system won't show me); and I'll mail you a copy of the source.

--Bill Seymour