From: Moore, Dave (dmoore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-03 07:33:24

As a substitute, try using the comparison operator for the boost::thread
class. This can fill the gap in many (but not all) cases where you are
managing the set of threads yourself.

On some platforms (i.e. pthreads), the "thread_id" is actually an opaque
type (pthread_t) rather than a numeric value, and I think that is why no
such operation is exposed in the current version of the library.

Regards,
Dave