From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-03 18:49:21

> although the archive seems to handle some threads incorrectly, i read
> through the mentioned messages and there are several requests for this
> simple change and there are no serious concerns. the only question is
> whether to make it a new function to_string or to specialize
> lexical_cast for std::string.

I think you're right. And I think things seemed to be leaning towards to_string. I happen to
prefer it -- it is used extensively in GDTL.

> so why isn't it done?
>
> is there more need for discussion or is there no one who wants to do the
> actual work? or does it need a formal review ;-) ?

Just a guess, but I think there may be an issue with the originator of the library having time to
incorporate changes. Maybe Beman or someone else has a better answer....

Jeff