From: Hoeffner, Detlef (Detlef.Hoeffner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-04 01:31:03

Hi William,

> However, I understand the convenience of this and so
> I'll add something soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks!

> The only thing missing in boost::thread from your list is
> operator<<(ostream&, ).

I still do not see how I would identify the current instance of thread.
Am I missing something?

> I'm going to work around this by using a TSS pointer value,
> which seems to be the best solution, though it's not a perfect solution.

I guess for performance issues it would be preferable to use functions the
operating system or the thread library provides, e.g.

  static thread_id getCurrentThreadId()
  {
#ifdef POSIX_THREADS
    return pthread_self();