From: Joerg Walter (jhr.walter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-05 03:54:18

Hi Toon,

you wrote:

> with USE_GCC in debug-mode, norm_inf(double) is undefined. I cured it for
now
> with commenting out NUMERICS_USE_INSTANT in the config.h but don't really
> know what the effect is of this (I just saw that, when defined, there's no
> implementation of norm_inf in math.h).

It seems, that you encountered a similar problem as Peter Schmitteckert.
I'll cite from Kresimir Fresl's advice (since we've currently some problems
searching the archive ;-):

Some time ago I stumbled upon the same problem (although
it wasn't `conj()', but some other function declared/defined
in `ublas/math.h').

Relevant lines from `ublas/config.h':

    #ifdef USE_GCC
    // ...
    #ifdef NDEBUG
    // ...
    #else
    // ...
    #define NUMERICS_USE_INSTANT
    // ...
    #endif
    #endif

That is, if you do not define NDEBUG, then
NUMERICS_USE_INSTANT is defined. And this
means that some (all?) functions from `ublas/math.h'
(eg. `conj()') will not be inlined. Instead, you
should compile and link `ublas/instant.cpp':

   g++-3.0 -I ../.. -DUSE_GCC u.C your_ublas_path/instant.cpp -o u
<<<

I'm currenty working on a solution, which hopefully will eliminate the need
for instant.cpp.

Best regards

Joerg