From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-05 17:30:28

Dear Jörg,

On Friday 05 April 2002 22:33, Joerg Walter wrote:
> Hi Peter,

> Yes ;-) I think, the corresponding documentation doesn't state clearly
> enough, that the assignment of proxies like matrix_range has the same
> semantics as the assignment of containers, i.e. the referenced elements are
> copied but not the references itself.
I'm not sure wether I understand this, shouldn't

TpMatrixRange r1 = TpMatrixRange( U, numerics::range( 0,1),
     numerics::range( 0,1) );

TpMatrixRange r2 = TpMatrixRange( U, numerics::range( 0,1),
     numerics::range( 0,2) );
r2 = TpMatrixRange( U, numerics::range( 0,1), numerics::range( 0,1) );

or at least
r2 = r1;

then work ? (At least it doesn't ).
What is the purpose of the assigment operator then ?

> BTW, the default constructor of matrix_range is currently useless for an
> application and is therefore not documented.
Shouldn't it be private/protected then ?

Peter