From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-06 18:49:12

Is a search feature planned for the mailing list archives? I'm
attempting to find the thread from a while back that
discussed type_traits syntax, specifically relating to type
relationship properties like is_base_and_derived. I remember
Andrei talking about SUPERSUBCLASS and the problem of knowing
"which type comes first" when writing these kinds of classes.
There were proposals to do things like (paraphrasing):

    derived<T>::template from<U>::value

I'm trying to remember all of the different syntax proposals
and the arguments for and against.

Does anyone recall this thread and approximate dates?

                          -Dave

--
"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson