From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-09 10:01:51

At 07:15 AM 4/9/2002, Jan Langer wrote:

>On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Jeff Garland wrote:
>>Seems like there are a few non-portable LOC in your program:
>>Such as:
>> if ( find_file( boost_root_dir + "/status/bin/config_info.test",
>>and
>> string tools_path( boost_root_dir + "/tools/build/" +
>compiler_name
>>
>>I thought at one point we talked about a way to do this. Maybe
>something like:
>> if ( find_file( boost_root_dir + dir_sep() + "status" +
dir_sep() +
>"config_info.test",
>>
>>So on Windows dir_sep() would be "\" and on Unix it would be
"/". Or
>is something in the core going
>>to convert "/" to the right thing?
>
>these things will be solved by the path manipulation functions which
>are not stabilized yet. but there is a comment on this in the header
of
>bemans file.

Yes, exactly.

>i think it will be solved with something like
> compose (boost_root_dir, "tools", "build", compiler_name);

Yes. The reason that it is a bit difficult is that on some platforms
(VMS?) you have to know that the first three arguments represent
directory names and the last argument represents a file name.

I don't want to spend any time on those issues right now, both because
we need a production program to do the regression HTML, and because I
want to finish rev 1 of boost/filesystem/directory.hpp work.

--Beman