From: Sreekant Sreedharan (blue_panther_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-09 23:07:34

   I was not aware that an LGPL library does not adhere to boost standards.
I am open to making it available under another license. I conciously chose
the LGPL over GPL after serious considerations over the benifits. Most
libraries on the linux platform are LGPL, that does not (if I am right,)
necessarily exclude it from using it in a commercial application.
   But that aside, let us look at it positively, the intent of my post for
this proposal is the idea of a design patterns library. If we find it
useful, let us all benifit from it, and I am all for doing anything possible
to make it so. Because I think the idea of design patterns as outlined in
the classic book, is for us developers to exchange our thoughts using a
common vocabulary.
   I belive std::vector<> or std::find() has a common vocabulary for
defining containers and algorithms.. What I believe is missing, is a common
vocabulary for us C++ programmers to express design through code.. (UML
satisfies it on certain levels, but it does not extend to actual code).....
so

class Foo: public patterns::singleton<..>
{
};

can also be equally expressive...

Have fun with the library...