From: Vesa Karvonen (vesa_karvonen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 13:16:14

David Abrahams:
>4. Things aren't so simple when there conditional compilation to work
>around compiler bugs is involved.

An alternative to conditional preprocessor directives is to use
BOOST_PP_IF() and BOOST_PP_EXPR_IF() to select between workarounds. This
might help in some cases.

>I'd still /really/ like a way to compare two C++ token streams.
>When converting handwritten C++ to PP stuff having a way to verify
>your work is indispensable. This point and #3 I could probably
>handle with a simple Python script.

It should not be very difficult to write a lexer for C++. Once the lexer is
done, it should be trivial to create a program to compare two C++ source
files. For verification purposes, a complete lexer is probably not
necessary. A program that would simply remove all white space and lines
starting with a # might be good enough (but it does not catch all errors).