From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 13:57:49

On Wednesday 10 April 2002 01:21 pm, you wrote:
> As much as I am impressed with MPL's intellectual investment, I am
> completely underwhelmed by its approach by large, and in principle. (I
> am sorry, there's nothing personal to MPL's authors. That's how I
> feel.) I would look the same at a package that adds iterations, loops,
> etc. in Haskell. I am much more comfortable with iteration than with
> recursion, but again, in Rome do what the Romans do: Haskell does not
> like loops, and neither does C++'s template engine.

I think the real question is "Who are the Romans?".

If the Romans are Haskell or Ocaml programmers, they may very well be
appalled at MPL's use of iterators because iteration is abominable in
functional languages.

If the Romans are STL-savvy C++ programmers, they may very well be enthralled
with MPL's use of iterators and iteration because it coincides with their
knowledge of STL.

        Doug