From: Jonathan H Lundquist (jhl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 16:48:28

> Personally, (this isn't meant to be a generalisation) I don't care
> what the implementation looks like. I don't care if the idioms
> under the hood fit naturally to the language or not. I do care
> whether it's (comparatively) easy to learn and easy to use,
> and whether it supports all the things I want to do with it.

This is a commonly cited criterion, based on the holy-grail of reusable code
being only a matter of understanding the interface. However, in practice -
if I can't get my mind around it (*the implementation*) I won't allow it in
my process space. For me that's just basic defense.

(The forgoing is not a comment about MPL in particular; I have not reviewed
it as I haven't had need of it)