From: Andrew J. P. Maclean (a.maclean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 18:30:24

Andrei, it's up to you, but I would like to see loki "boostified".
Personally I am convinced that the elegance of this library and the
underlying ideas are something that we, as a community, can all benefit
from.

OK, so most compilers cannot compile it yet. However, if it is written
in standard C++, then this is a reflection on the compiler makers. But
in their defence, I must say that I wouldn't like to boostify or loki a
compiler! It is not a simple task. Templates are very difficult.

We must also remember that not all of boost compiles with all compilers
- even the most recent releases. However this should not be an
impediment to incorporating new libraries. After all, boost is the
leading edge of library implementations. We have to push the envelope.

I am currently reading the book and I must admit to considerable
frustration because my compiler doesn't handle loki, or for that matter,
all of the boost library.
So all I can do is to wait, frustrated, until my compiler maker
(Microsoft) releases an update for Version 7.

As a matter of interest, does loki compile in its entirety with any
currently available compiler?

I would love to be using loki now! And, for that matter, the parts of
boost that MSVC7 doesn't compile.

Andrew (a frustrated template user)

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Postal: