From: Eyal Farago (eyalfa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-11 10:50:54

We are trying to port code that heavily uses boost.functional form win32
to sun platform.

The target platform is:
SunOS SUNFIRE 5.8 Generic_108528-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R

the compiler:
CC: Sun WorkShop 6 update 2 C++ 5.3 Patch 111685-06 2002/03/09

It seems that this compiler simply can't handle boost::call_traits.
The following source code won't compile:

#include <boost/call_traits.hpp>

int main()
{
        typedef boost::call_traits<int>::value_type an_int_t;

        return 0;
}

the error it produces:
>> Assertion: (../links/init.cc, line 957)
    while processing tst1.cc at line 4.

we also tried to compile function_test.cpp, it seems so compile once the
BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION is defined using \D, it
would'nt compile any other way.

the BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION did'nt do any good to the
source code above.

After looking into boost\config.hpp and alikes, we believe that the
correct compiler and platform are chosen, however this configuration
does not define or disable any of boost features.

Does any one work with this compiler+platform combination, if so, do you
have this kind of problems or better yet, a solution?

Eyal.