From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-11 12:35:43

"David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> [...]
Aha! I see.

> > I would use the recursive form while writing simple things which I can
> > achieve recursively and with no side effects, and I can use mpl for
> the
> > though work, where I still can only think of it in
> imperative -mutating-
> > terms as I do all the time in C++.
> >
> > AFAIK, there is no recursive <Head,Tail> sequences in mpl right now,
> but I
> > know adding it is trivial. In fact, I think that with proper work,
> this
> > recursive-list can even be made to use all the mpl algorithms.
>
> I think this misapprehension has caused lots of confusion. To be very
> clear:
>
> ***** MPL's type_list is a traditional recursive type list with an easy
> interface for up to N arguments (N selectable at compile-time) *******

OK. This is a good thing.

BTW, is it just that I missed this fact, or is it hidden as an
implementation detail?
(I must confess that perhaps unlike most people I always look at the
implementation first... I usually find what I'm looking for faster that way;
and in this case I didn't notice the recursive type-list, so I figured it
just didn't exist)

If the later, I think it would be very beneficial to bring the recursive
type-list up-front so users know about it and actually use it just as they'd
use Loki's typelist.

--
Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.