From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-11 16:23:29

Peter Dimov wrote:
> > > There wasn't a fold() last time I looked. ;-)

There was 'accumulate', and 'fold' is just another name for it.

> > Well, Vesa's FP arguments did in fact have quite an impact.
>
> :-)
>
> MPL suffers from the usual syndrome (no offense meant.)

None taken :).

> People see what's wrong with it, express their opinions, nothing
> changes for six months, then suddenly everything is fixed.
> I guess we can't speed up evolution.

Just for historical correctness, Vesa's arguments were taken into account a
long time ago, long before we had first detailed MPL discussion on this
list. The internal details of the library didn't quite match our final
vision at that time, but as the whole the MPL were already very clearly
directed in the direction where you see it now. So "evolution" here is more
dynamic than you imply :).

Aleksey