From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-12 03:51:07

Vesa Karvonen wrote:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy:
> >David Abrahams wrote:
> >>it seems there should also be a way to generate:
> >>
> >> T0 a0, T1 a1, T2 a2, ... TN aN
> >>
> >>built into the library.
> >
> >Here at work we use very much the same macro; ours is called
> >*_PP_FUNCTION_PARAMS. I think it's worth putting in the library.
>
> This is one of the things that I'm currently not satisfied about the
> preprocessor library. I think that there should be a simple interface for
> generating all kinds of parameter patterns.

My thoughts too. If not the interface, then at least a consistent naming
convention (IMO the 'compose' library is a perfect example when a witty
naming scheme can be a good substitute for a more generic interface ('bind'
:)).

> It doesn't seem wise to continue adding ad-hoc parameter list
> enumeration macros (because there simply is too many to add).

Actually, I think there are only one or two common cases left, so it might
be it's okay to put up with it :).

Aleksey