From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-12 21:59:11

> But why should we pay for the inadequacies of compilers?
> I firmly believe that we should push these compilers hard to
> send a strong message to the compiler makers not to be lax.
> I am having the impression now that MPL's interface was designed
> in part to get around these limitations? If so, this is not a good sign.

The thing is that I (for example) can't use library if it is not portable.
Particulary is should work on MSVC 6.5. I would need to wait till I get my
hands onto 7.1 (~1-1.5 year at least). If exist reasonable solution that
works now I prefer to start using it. Later I can switch to improved
version, based particulaly on 1 year of exipirience.

> Regards,
> --Joel

Gennadiy.