From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-14 10:32:05

--- David GD Wilson <firestar_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Using the make file I get this error:
> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'classes.obj'
> Stop.

If you are happy with the jam based build keep using it as
this is what David supports.

FWIW: I just verified that the very latest CVS snapshot works
with VC7. Unfortunately these instructions were missing in vc60.mak
(are there now):

# Create a new empty directory anywhere (preferably not in the boost tree).
# Copy this Makefile to that new directory and rename it to "Makefile"
# Adjust the pathnames below.

The only lines that I changed in my test with VC7 are the pathnames for
Python (three lines, in one block). You might also have to set the path
to your Boost directory (1 line).

Ralf