From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-16 14:10:51

From: "Sean Parent" <sparent_at_[hidden]>

> One feature that I think is missing from functional (and bind) is the
> ability to deal with a pointer or reference to a data member.

Well I suppose I could add it to functional.hpp, but I'm not sure
it's worth it. Does anyone still use functional.hpp? I tend to
use bind myself. And now those who are lucky to use a good compiler
have got LL.

For the case of std::pair, I think the easiest solution is to use
select1st and select2nd which are in the experimental version of
functional that's in the vault.

That version probably needs revisiting (to stop returning by value)
and then updating in CVS. Jeremy volunteered to update CVS for
me... ;-)

Mark